Top 5 places to get the best photos in Sarasota!
Sarasota, Florida is a city on the Gulf coast that offers a unique blend of natural beauty and cultural attractions. Here are the top 5 things to do in Sarasota:
- Visit the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art: The museum, located on the grounds of the former estate of circus magnate John Ringling, is one of the largest art museums in the southeastern United States. It houses a collection of over 10,000 works of art, including masterpieces by Rubens, Velázquez, and Titian, as well as a circus museum and a museum of the circus arts.
- Explore the beaches: Sarasota has some of the best beaches in Florida, with miles of white sand and crystal-clear waters. Siesta Key Beach is the most famous, known for its sugar-fine sand and vibrant sunsets. Lido Key Beach is another popular spot, offering excellent swimming and kayaking opportunities.
- Visit Marie Selby Botanical Gardens: The gardens are located on the grounds of a historic 1920s estate and feature over 8,000 species of plants from around the world, including rare and exotic species. Visitors can stroll through the gardens, explore the greenhouses, and enjoy the stunning views of Sarasota Bay.
- Take a walk in St. Armands Circle: This historic shopping and dining district is located on a beautiful island in Sarasota Bay. The circle is lined with boutiques, art galleries, and restaurants, and is a popular spot for shopping, dining, and people-watching.
- Visit Mote Marine Laboratory > Aquarium: The laboratory and aquarium are dedicated to the study and conservation of marine life and offer visitors a chance to learn about the ocean and its inhabitants. The aquarium features over 100 species of marine animals, including sharks, sea turtles, and rays, and offers interactive exhibits, touch tanks, and educational programs.
In addition to these top 5 attractions, there are many other things to see and do in Sarasota. You can visit the Sarasota Opera House, the Sarasota Jungle Gardens, the Sarasota Bayfront Park, and the Westfield Sarasota Square mall. The city is also home to several parks and nature reserves, including the Myakka River State Park and the Celery Fields, which offer opportunities for hiking, fishing, and bird-watching. Whether you're looking for art, culture, history, or nature, Sarasota has something for everyone.